Until the year 1970 the small town of Hann. Münden, Germany was hosting the faculty of forestry of the “Georg-August-Universität” in nearby Göttingen. As a side effect from 1868 on a botanical garden and an arboretum were created close to the city center and opened in 1870. 100 years later it was moved to Göttingen-Weende (at the “Faßberg“).
As a consequence the “Forstbotanischer Garten” in Hann. Münden was reduced in size but still holds 700 trees and bushes. Today it has nearly no fences and is easily accessible at the “Mitscherlichstraße” in the east of the city, quite close to the railway station. It is a wonderful place for a small walk and very relaxing in hot summer days.
Forstbotanischer Garten Hann. Münden